The following steps are needed to create offline and online installers:
- Create a package directory for the installable components. For more information, see Package Directory.
- Create a configuration file called
configdirectory. It contains information about how to build the installer binaries and online repositories. For more information about the file format and available settings, see Configuration File.
- Create a package information file called
config\metadirectory. It contains settings for deployment and the installation process. For more information, see Meta Directory.
- Create installer content and copy it to the package directory. For more information, see Data Directory.
- For online installers, use the
repogentool to create the repository that contains the installable content and upload the repository to a web server.
- Use the
binarycreatortool to create the installer. For more information, see Tools.
For an example of how to create a simple installer that uses the predefined installer pages, see Tutorial: Creating an Installer.
The following sections describe how to create different types of installers:
© 2017 The Qt Company Ltd. Documentation contributions included herein are the copyrights of their respective owners. The documentation provided herein is licensed under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License version 1.3 as published by the Free Software Foundation. The Qt Company, Qt and their respective logos are trademarks of The Qt Company Ltd in Finland and/or other countries worldwide. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.