PC/SC in Qt NFC
PC/SC support is provided using native APIs on macOS and Windows, and using PCSCLite library on other platforms. The API can be used for accessing both wired and wireless smartcards and storage cards.
- The current API does not provide means to distinguish between separate readers/slots.
- NDEF access is only provided for NFC Type 4 tags.
- Other applications starting transactions on cards may block Qt applications from using Qt Nfc API.
- QNearFieldTarget::sendCommand() used with a PC/SC target starts a transaction that remains active until QNearFieldTarget::disconnect() is called. This transaction prevents other applications from accessing this target.
- The backend is polling for new tags, that means that there may be a delay up to the full polling interval before new tags are reported. The default polling interval is 100 milliseconds. It can be adjusted by setting environment valiable
QT_NFC_POLL_INTERVAL_MSto an integer value in milliseconds.
© 2023 The Qt Company Ltd. Documentation contributions included herein are the copyrights of their respective owners. The documentation provided herein is licensed under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License version 1.3 as published by the Free Software Foundation. Qt and respective logos are trademarks of The Qt Company Ltd. in Finland and/or other countries worldwide. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.