Using GitHub Copilot
The Copilot plugin (disabled by default) integrates GitHub Copilot into Qt Creator. You can view suggestions from Copilot in the Edit mode.
To use the Copilot plugin, you need:
- An active GitHub Copilot subscription.
- GitHub Copilot Neovim plugin installed, as described in About GitHub Copilot and Neovim.
To enable the Copilot plugin:
- Select Help > About Plugins > Utilities > Copilot to enable the plugin.
- Select Restart Now to restart Qt Creator and load the plugin.
To set preferences for using Copilot:
- Select Edit > Preferences > Copilot.
- Select the Enable Copilot check box to use Copilot.
- Select Sign In to sign into your subscription, activate your device, and authorize the GitHub Copilot plugin.
The button turns into a Sign Out button.
- In the Node.js path field, enter the full path to the Node.js executable.
- In the Path to agent.js field, enter the path to agent.js in the Copilot Neovim plugin.
- Select the Request completions automatically checkbox to receive suggestions for the current text cursor position when you make changes.
When you write code in the Edit mode and Request completions automatically is enabled, Copilot automatically makes suggestions when you type.
To manually request a suggestion at the current editor's cursor position, select Request Copilot Suggestion in the context menu.
Hover the mouse over a suggestion to show a toolbar with and buttons for cycling between Copilot suggestions.
To apply a suggestion as a whole, select Apply or press the Tab key.
To apply a suggestion word-by-word, select Apply Word or press Alt+Right.
To reject a suggestion, press Esc or the arrow keys.
You can enable and disable the Copilot suggestions either globally for all projects or at project level for a particular project.
To enable or disable Copilot suggestions globally, select the (Toggle Copilot) button. This also sets the value of the Enable Copilot check box in Edit > Preferences accordingly.
To enable or disable Copilot suggestions for a particular project, select Projects > Project Settings > Copilot, and then select or deselect the Enable Copilot check box.
© 2023 The Qt Company Ltd. Documentation contributions included herein are the copyrights of their respective owners. The documentation provided herein is licensed under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License version 1.3 as published by the Free Software Foundation. Qt and respective logos are trademarks of The Qt Company Ltd in Finland and/or other countries worldwide. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.