Set high DPI scaling
The operating systems that Qt Creator supports implement high dots-per-inch (DPI) scaling at varying levels. Therefore, Qt Creator handles high DPI scaling differently on different operating systems:
- On macOS, Qt Creator forces high DPI scaling, which means that it allows Qt to use the system scaling factor as the Qt Creator scaling factor.
- On Windows, if you do not set scaling environment variables, Qt Creator instructs Qt to detect the scaling factor and use it as the Qt Creator scaling factor.
- On Linux, Qt Creator leaves it to the user to enable high DPI scaling because the process varies so much on different distributions and windowing systems that it cannot be reliably done automatically.
To override the default approach and always enable high DPI scaling:
- Select Edit > Preferences > Environment > Interface.
- Select Enable high DPI scaling.
- Restart Qt Creator to have the change take effect.
© 2023 The Qt Company Ltd. Documentation contributions included herein are the copyrights of their respective owners. The documentation provided herein is licensed under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License version 1.3 as published by the Free Software Foundation. Qt and respective logos are trademarks of The Qt Company Ltd in Finland and/or other countries worldwide. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.