The Issues view filters out irrelevant output from the build tools and presents the issues in an organized way.
To further filter the output by type, select (Filter Tree) and then select a filter:
- Autotests - Errors and warnings encountered while running tests.
- Build System - Errors and warnings encountered when opening and managing projects.
- Clang Code Model - Errors and warnings from the current editor.
- Clang Tools - Errors and warnings from Clang-Tidy and Clazy
- Compile - Selected output from the compiler. Open Compile Output for more detailed information.
- Debug Information - Lists debug information packages that might be missing.
- Debugger - Errors encountered while running the Valgrind code analysis tools.
- Debugger Runtime - Errors encountered when starting Qt Creator. For example, information about missing DLLs.
- Deployment - Errors encountered between building an application successfully and starting it on a device.
- My Tasks - Entries from a task list file (.tasks) generated by code scanning and analysis tools.
- Python - Runtime errors and exceptions of Python scripts.
- Sanitizer - Tasks created when you run an application if you used an address sanitizer to detect memory handling issues.
To find output in the view, enter search criteria in the Filter field.
Select one or several lines to apply context-menu actions to their contents. You can remove the selected lines or copy their contents to the clipboard. For single lines, you can search the Internet for a solution using the contents of the line as search criteria or open a version control annotation view of the line that causes the error message.
To view detailed information about the selected line (where available), press Space.
To navigate to the corresponding source code, click an issue or select Show in Editor in the context menu. The entry must contain the name of the file where the issue was found.
To view more information about an issue in Compile Output, select Show Compile Output in the context menu.
To jump from one issue to the next or previous one, select and or press F6 and Shift+F6.
By default, a new build clears the Issues view. To keep the issues from the previous build rounds, deselect Edit > Preferences > Build & Run > General > Clear issues list on new build.
© 2023 The Qt Company Ltd. Documentation contributions included herein are the copyrights of their respective owners. The documentation provided herein is licensed under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License version 1.3 as published by the Free Software Foundation. Qt and respective logos are trademarks of The Qt Company Ltd in Finland and/or other countries worldwide. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.