CVS is an open source version control system.
In addition to the standard version control system functions described in Use common VCS Functions, you can select Tools > CVS > Edit to set a file as writable, notify watchers that the file is being edited, and watch for actions performed on the file by other users.
To discard the changes that you made in a file, notify watchers that the file is no longer being edited, and set the file as read-only, select Unedit.
To unedit files in the local directory, as well as recursively in all subdirectories, select Unedit Repository.
To set CVS preferences, select Preferences > Version Control > CVS:
- CVS Command specifies the path to the command-line client executable.
- CVS root specifies the CVS root.
- Timeout sets a timeout for version control operations.
- Diff options sets preferences for viewing diff output.
- Describe all files matching commit id annotates all files that belong to the commit.
© 2024 The Qt Company Ltd. Documentation contributions included herein are the copyrights of their respective owners. The documentation provided herein is licensed under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License version 1.3 as published by the Free Software Foundation. Qt and respective logos are trademarks of The Qt Company Ltd in Finland and/or other countries worldwide. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.