Installing Qt for Automation
Pre-built Qt for Automation installation packages are available under a commercial license. Open source developers can build their own binaries from the sources that are available under the GNU General Public License version 3 (GPLv3). Further, Qt OPC UA can be built with the GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPLv3) license, as long as the open62541 backend is used.
Download Qt page helps you to find the license that suits your needs. The commercial license is associated with a Qt Account, which is required to install the product.
Qt for Automation is based on the Qt for Device Creation offering so the prerequisites are the same for both. For more information about how to install and configure these prerequisites on your development host, see Requirements for Linux/X11 and Requirements for Windows.
- Download the Qt online installer.
Note: On Linux, the installer needs executable permissions before you can run it.
- Run the installer and select Next to get to the Qt account section.
- Enter your Qt account credentials and select Next to run a license check against the Qt account.
- Select Next again to choose an install path.
- Select Next to see available packages to install from.
- Select Qt for Automation and at least one Qt version from the list, and follow the instructions to complete the installation.
© 2020 The Qt Company Ltd. Documentation contributions included herein are the copyrights of their respective owners. The documentation provided herein is licensed under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License version 1.3 as published by the Free Software Foundation. Qt and respective logos are trademarks of The Qt Company Ltd. in Finland and/or other countries worldwide. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.