This topic provides board-specific information about Renesas' EK-RA6M3G.
- R7FA6M3AH3CFC MCU featuring ARM® Cortex®-M4, 2 MB Flash, 640 KB RAM
- 4.3” 480x272 LCD Touch Display
- 32 MB External QSPI Flash
The reference port for this board supports 16bpp color depth. The board also supports 24bpp and 32bpp, but they are not implemented in the reference port. See QUL_COLOR_DEPTH and Color depth for more information.
Select an operating mode for the MCU using the J16 jumper on the board, depending on the software used with the MCU.
|MCU Boot mode
|USB port for the connection
|SCI/USB Boot mode
See Renesas RA6M3 Group - User’s Manual: Hardware for the details.
Select an appropriate boot mode for the MCU before flashing the firmware using one of the tools listed below.
|MCU Boot mode
|Renesas e2 studio
|SEGGER J-Link/J-Flash (Lite)
The package for
EK-RA6M3G board comes with a prebuilt watch demo binary. You can find it in the
Open the CMake project file for the example you want to build and configure it with the kit you created earlier. Once the project is configured, select Run or press Ctrl+r on your keyboard to build and flash the binary to the target.
By default, the output of
printf calls are redirected to UART in Serial Communications Interface channel 0 (SCI0).
|Board pin number
|Board pin type
|TTL-232-USB cable pin
|Bits per second
Renesas e2 studio can be used for debugging by setting custom debug configuration in a project.
- Open Run from the top menu
- Select Debug Configurations...
- Select Renesas GDB Hardware Debugging
- Click Browse... from the C/C++ Application: and select .elf file to be debugged
- Click Apply and Close
- Click Launch in 'Debug' mode
SEGGER J-Link GDB Server can be used to create GDB server.
This page uses
QUL_TOOLS in command line examples as if they were set as environment variables. For example:
export QUL_ROOT=$HOME/Qt/QtMCUs/2.2 export QUL_TOOLS=$HOME/Qt/Tools/QtMCUs
set QUL_ROOT=C:\Qt\QtMCUs\2.2 set QUL_TOOLS=C:\Qt\Tools\QtMCUs
- Select Connection to J-Link as USB
- Select Target device as R7FA6M3AH
- Select Target interface as SWD
- Select Speed as Fixed 4000 kHz
- Click OK
GDB Server is now listening for TCP connections on the default port, 2331.
arm-none-eabi-gdbin a separate console
- Connect to the target via the gdbserver in the
Note: Actual TCP port used is printed out on gdbserver's console.
(gdb) target remote 127.0.0.1:2331
- Demos, examples, and tests that do not fit into the flash memory or require more RAM than available on the MCU have been excluded.
- Stack region is set to overlap with the heap region in the default platform adaptation to enable building of tests and demos, which have differing stack and heap requirements.
- Size for the stack and heap must be defined to ensure that the Memory Protection Unit detects stack overflow and underflow.
- Asset preloading is not supported due to limited amount of RAM and non-availability of SDRAM on the evaluation kit board.
- One framebuffer (single-buffering) is used by default due to limited amount of RAM. This might be observed as flickering on the screen. Double-buffering can be enabled from the Renesas e2 studio FSP configuration files.
Note: Use the default value for the property if not specified in the table.
|Input / Channel Scan Mask / Channel 2
|Allow Indirect Mode
|D2 Device Handle Name
|DRW Interrupt Priority
|Line Detect Interrupt Priority
|Digital Filtering Sample Clock
|PCLK / 64
|Pin Interrupt Priority
|Rise Time (ns)
|Fall Time (ns)
|Duty Cycle (%)
|Interrupt Priority Level
|Minimum QSSL Deselect Cycles
|Duty Cycle Percent
|GTIOCA Output Enabled
Available under certain Qt licenses.
Find out more.