Renesas quick start guide
Qt for MCUs offers all the necessary tools to design, develop, build, and deploy your application onto the target.This guide helps you understand the complete cycle of developing a QULPacckage application using Qt Design Studio, Qt Creator, and Renesas e2 studio.
The instructions in this guide are relevant for the Renesas EK-RA6M3G reference platform. Before you begin, install the prerequisites either on the Linux or Windows host. You can install most of the prerequisites using the Qt online installer, which is available for download from your Qt account.
Note: Qt for MCUs requires a license. If you do not have one, request a free trial at https://www.qt.io/contact-us/request-a-free-trial.
The guide requires that the following common prerequisites on your developement host:
- Qt for MCUs SDK v2.2 or newer
- Qt Design Studio v3.5.0 or newer
- Qt Creator v6.0.0 or newer
- CMake 3.15 or newer
- Ninja 1.10.0 or newer
In addition, it requires the following Renesas-specific tools as they are not offered by the Qt online installer:
- Renesas e2 studio IDE version 2022-10 (v22.10.0) or newer
- Renesas Flexible Software Package (FSP) v3.8.0
- SEGGER J-Link Software and Documentation pack v6.96 or newer
The guide includes several topics, describing the process with step-by-step instructions for the following tasks:
- Design a simple UI using Qt Design Studio.
- Create an interface object and build the application as a static library using Qt Creator.
- Create an e2 studio project and import the static library.
- Configure the FSP for the target.
- Build and debug the project on the target.
The following links provide some useful references that you could use to get more insight into Qt for MCUs.
Available under certain Qt licenses.
Find out more.