Squish 6.7.1 is a maintenance release containing bug fixes for all editions of the product. See the following sections for a detailed list of all changes.
- Fixed a problem where test cases encountered license errors when Squish got blocked by the debugger or script functions for too long.
- The Squish license server can be run as a Windows Service now.
- Fixed a squishrunner crash when the squishserver configuration contained invalid AUT registrations (due to manual
- Fixed reading test suite-wide settings if the test suite name does not begin with
- Empty files will no longer be ignored by the Boolean RemoteSystem.upload(localPath, remotePath) API.
- Improved handling of sections in test results when test execution is aborted due to crashes, timeouts or other conditions.
- Fixed a problem where the Squish IDE would stay in Control Bar mode indefinitely on macOS after running a few tests with breakpoints.
- Fixed a problem where in rare cases the Squish IDE would not shut down completely on macOS 11 when being quit.
- Fixed a rare problem where the Squish IDE would terminate all user processes on Linux and macOS when pausing test execution.
- Fixed crash in Squish Script Console when Enter was pressed on an empty line.
- Fixed a problem that made it impossible to open a test suite by passing the absolute path of the
suite.confas an argument to the invocation of the Squish IDE.
- Fixed a regression in Squish 6.7.0 for finding tab handles in
macOS-specific (Cocoa/Carbon edition)
- Fixed a problem with scrollToObject(objectOrName) that would make the function report errors when no scrolling has been done because the object was already visible.
- Fixed a crash occurring with nativeType(keys) on macOS with certain launchers for Java applications.
- Fixed Squish logging with built-in hook for Qt on iOS.
Listening on port xxx...log message is printed again when running a Qt AUT with the built-in hook on iOS.
- Fixed Qt symbol lookup on recent Linux systems where
nmoutput contains version information.
- Hooking into Qt 6 AUTs now properly logs loaded Qt modules on Linux and macOS.
- Fixed hooking of Qt 4 AUTs running on QWS
- Fixed incorrect type(objectOrName, text) recording for text input that includes the AltGr-modifier key on QtWidgets.
- Disable WebSocket support when building squishserver by default to avoid a possibly undesired dependency on QtWebSockets. Users who build from source and want to automate Qt for WebAssembly AUTs need to pass
--enable-server-websocketsto enable this feature again.
- Squish for Web detects browsers on macOS automatically via their
bundle idinstead of bundle (file) name.
With multiple Firefox or Chrome installations it may happen that a different installation is found and started than before under rare circumstances.
- Fixed a problem causing a
connection refused repeatedlyerror to appear when attaching to or starting Chromium-based applications.
- Fixed a problem with the
testInteractionmessage boxes and dialogs when they were hidden behind AUT windows or a command line prompt on Windows.
The dialogs and message boxes are displayed as always-on-top windows now.
- The issue with inaccurate recording on menus and menu items in Visual Studio 2019 has been fixed.
- Fixed replaying and recording problems on some machines with Chinese system locale.
- In some cases it was not possible to pick (select) WPF controls when they were embedded in Windows Forms controls. This regression in Squish 6.7.0 is fixed now.
For a list of noteworthy issues which were found after the release of Squish 6.7.1, please see the Known Issues page in the froglogic Knowledge Base.