Quality Center Integration
The integration with Quality Center, formerly known as HP Quality Center, is implemented via the use of VAPI-XP test, for which we are providing a (VBScript) test script template that:
- Use the test instance parameters to locate Squish and the test suite to run,
- Start squishserver,
- Run Squish test suite,
- Upload the text test result,
- Stop squishserver.
This covers the basic use of Squish, however the template can and should be updated as the user sees fit. The test script template can be downloaded here: script.vbs
We are describing only a basic use of Quality Center, some more advanced techniques/use can be found in the official documentation: Micro Focus documentation
The following sections will cover the creation of said test in Quality Center, how to prepare test instances, and what is reported.
Let us first define some of the term that will be use in later sections.
The "Test Plan" module contains what is called a test plan tree. This test plan tree contains one or more folders, called test subjects, that in turn contain one or more tests.
The "Test Lab" module contains what is called "Test Set". Each test set can be filled with one or more instances (occurrences) of test(s) from the test plan tree.
- Head to the "Test Plan" area to create a new test (you might also want to create a new test subject),
- Enter a name and select VAPI-XP-TEST as type of the new test,
- The default value in the newly opened wizard doesn't need to be modified and pressing 'Finish' will create the wanted base test (Default values are: VBScript as script language and COM/DCOM Server Test as test type ),
- Copy the content of our template over the current content of the "Test script" tab of the new test,
Copy template test script
- Add the following parameters in the "Parameters" tab:
Create test parameters
You can already set a default value for some of these parameters if that makes sense. For example, the Squish folder path could be the same on all the machines that will run the test.
Now that the test is created in the test plan tree, we can go ahead and add a "test instance" for each Squish test suite that we want to run.
- Head to the "Test Lab" area,
- Add an instance of our test in a test set,
Add a new instance of the test
- Open the Test instance details and update the real parameters values in the "Execution Settings",
Setting real parameters value
- Repeat previous steps for each Squish test suite that need to be ran.
The proposed test script is reporting the failures/pass of the major steps:
- Whether squishserver/squishrunner could be found in
suite.confcould be found in
- Whether either all tests successfully passed or one of them failed.
In addition to these steps a text version of the test result (output of "--reportgen stdout") is uploaded as attachment to the test execution in Quality Center.
© 2022 The Qt Company Ltd. Documentation contributions included herein are the copyrights of their respective owners. The documentation provided herein is licensed under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License version 1.3 as published by the Free Software Foundation. Qt and respective logos are trademarks of The Qt Company Ltd. in Finland and/or other countries worldwide. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.