Qt Android Automotive Vehicle Module
This module contains classes and templates to access vehicle-specific functionality. The essence of this module is not only to give access to vehicle functions covered by Android Automotive OS but also to help you in creating integration to your own custom vehicle functionality. All this is done by using templates and automated code generation besides conventional code to keep the cost of adding new features and maintenance down.
The following libraries are in this module:
- Vehicle Library contains C++ API for accessing vehicle functionality.
- Vehicle Quick Library contains QML Types for accessing vehicle functionality.
- Vehicle Properties Front End instruments the generation of the C++ code used by client applications to access various kinds of vehicle data.
- Vehicle Properties Quick Front End instruments the generation of the QML code used by client applications to access various kinds of vehicle data.
- Vehicle Properties Back End Plugins are generated plugin code of different implementations to access vehicle-specific data. We are supplying both
Using a Qt library requires linking against the module library, either directly or through other dependencies. CMake and qmake build tools are supported.
To include the non-generated definitions of the Vehicle library's classes, use the following directive for C++:
To use the non-generated QML types from this library, add the following import statement to your .qml file:
target_link_libraries() commands to locate and link the needed module component from the Qt6 package:
find_package(Qt6 REQUIRED COMPONENTS AndroidAutomotiveVehicle) target_link_libraries(mytarget PRIVATE Qt::AndroidAutomotiveVehicle)
androidautomotivevehicle to the
QT += androidautomotivevehicle
Also look at Qt IF Android Vehicle Properties to see the use of the supplied generated code.
Some of the APIs in the module need Android permissions to function properly. For more details, see Permissions in Qt Android Automotive Vehicle Module.
Links to the API reference materials:
Demonstrates usage of the Qt IF Generator Extensions for Android Automotive.
Presents an editable list of available properties grouped by component using QML models.
Demonstrates how to handle zoned features when using the Qt IF Generator Extensions for Android Automotive.
Available under certain Qt licenses.
Find out more.