Static Code Analysis
Axivion Suite is a tool suite for protecting software from erosion. Static code analysis, architecture analysis, and code-smells-detection enable you to:
- Check the source code for potential runtime errors.
- Use metrics to generate quantitative information about the internal quality of the source code.
- Run style checks to achieve compliance with coding guidelines.
- Detect both duplicates and similar pieces of code in the source code.
- Recognize cyclical dependencies at different levels.
- Detect unreachable code.
The experimental Axivion plugin integrates the Axivion dashboard server into Qt Creator.
Note: Enable the Axivion plugin to use it.
To use the plugin, you must set up a project in the Axivion dashboard server and link to it from Qt Creator. You can then see style violations in the Edit mode and descriptions and issue counts in the Axivion view.
The editor shows style violations as inline annotations. Hover the mouse over an annotation to bring up a tool tip with a short description of the issue.
Select the button to view detailed information about the issue in the Axivion view.
To view the issue counts, select (Show Dashboard).
To connect to Axivion:
- Select Preferences > Axivion.
- Select Edit to create a connection to the Axivion dashboard server.
- In Dashboard URL, enter the URL of the server.
- In Description, enter a free-text description of the server.
- In Access token, enter the IDE application token that you created in the server, in user preferences.
To link a project to a dashboard:
- Projects > Project Settings > Axivion.
- Select Fetch Projects to list projects from Axivion.
- Select a project, and then select Link Project to link to it.
To unlink a project, select Unlink Project.
The Axivion view lists the numbers of the following types of issues that Axivion found in the linked project:
- AV - architecture violations, such as hidden dependencies
- CL - duplicates and similar pieces of code
- CY - call, component, and include cycles
- DE - dead code
- MV - violations of metrics based on lines and tokens, nesting, cyclomatic complexity, control flow, and so on.
- SV - style violations, such as deviations from the naming or coding conventions
To clear the view, select (Clear).
See also Enable and disable plugins.
© 2024 The Qt Company Ltd. Documentation contributions included herein are the copyrights of their respective owners. The documentation provided herein is licensed under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License version 1.3 as published by the Free Software Foundation. Qt and respective logos are trademarks of The Qt Company Ltd in Finland and/or other countries worldwide. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.