Renesas RH850-D1M1A quick start guide
Qt for MCUs offers all the necessary tools to design, develop, build, and deploy your application onto the target.
The instructions in this guide are relevant for the Renesas RH850-D1M1A reference platform. Before you begin, install the prerequisites on your Windows host. You can install most of the prerequisites using the Qt online installer, which is available for download from your Qt account.
Note: Qt for MCUs requires a license. If you do not have one, request a free trial at https://www.qt.io/contact-us/request-a-free-trial.
The guide needs the following common prerequisites on your development host:
- Qt for MCUs SDK v2.4 or newer
- Qt Design Studio v3.9.0 or newer
- CMake 3.21.1 or newer
- Ninja 1.10.0 or newer
In addition, it requires the following tools as they are not offered by the Qt online installer:
- Renesas Graphics Library (RGL) v2.0.0a
- Green Hills Software MULTI IDE v7.1.6
- Green Hills Software compiler version 2018.1.5
The guide includes several topics, describing the process with step-by-step instructions for the following tasks:
- Design a simple UI using Qt Design Studio
- Develop the application backend in GHS MULTI IDE
The following links give some useful references that you could use to get more insight into Qt for MCUs.
- Managing Resources
- Integrating C++ and QML
- Entry point to Qt Quick Ultralite application
- Using the QmlProject Exporter tool
- Using the Platform Exporter tool
- CMake Manual
Available under certain Qt licenses.
Find out more.