Getting Started on Renesas
This topic provides an overview of the Renesas platforms supported by Qt Quick Ultralite
Configure the Qt Creator IDE
Assuming that you have all the prerequisites installed, follow these instructions to configure the Qt Creator IDE for Renesas boards:
To develop for MCUs using the Qt Creator IDE, the MCU plugin is required. The Qt online installer enables it by default when you install the Qt for MCUs SDK.
To enable or disable the plugin, follow these instructions:
- Select Help > About Plugins and choose the MCU Support plugin from the list.
- Restart Qt Creator to apply changes
To build and run your application on MCUs, you must create a kit:
- Select Edit > Preferences > Devices > MCU
- If not already set, provide the path to the Qt for MCUs installation directory.
- Select a Target supported by the Qt for MCUs SDK. For example, Qt for MCUs dev - Desktop 32bpp.
- In the Requirements section, ensure that the platform-specific requirements are met.
- Select Automatically create kits for all available targets on start to create kits automatically.
Note: You could also manually create/remove kits using Create Kit and Remove Kit.
- Click Apply and restart Qt Creator if you choose to create kits automatically.
Note: The Automatically create kits for all available targets on start option is available from Qt Creator v4.14 onwards. On older versions of Qt Creator, you have to explictly create or remove kits using Create kit or Remove kit.
You could also set up the development environment from the command prompt. See Command-line Setup for Renesas Boards for more information.
Building applications with prebuilt Qt Quick Ultralite libraries
Open the CMake project file for the example you want to build and configure it with the kit you created earlier. Once the project is configured, select Run or press Ctrl+r on your keyboard to build and flash the binary to the target.
Debugging using Renesas e2 Studio
You can use Renesas e2 studio to debug applications built with Qt Quick Ultralite.
The following instructions guide you to start debugging on RH850 for example:
- Open Renesas e2 studio
- Create new C/C++ Project
- Select Renesas Debug Only Project
- Enter Project name and click Next >
- Select Debug hardware depending on the debug probe you have. For example, E1 (RH850) or E2 (RH850).
- Select RH850 > RH850/D1M1A-V2 > R7F701462 for example as a Target Device
- Provide executable path to binary you want debug. For example,
- Select Finish
- Select Launch in 'Debug' mode
- GDB server will upload your binary to the target and start debugging
Supported Renesas Boards
|Hardware board||MCU||Compiler||Operating system(s)|
|EK-RA6M3G||R7FA6M3AH3CFC||GNU Arm GCC 10.3-2021.10, IAR Build Tools for Arm V9.20||Bare Metal, FreeRTOS|
|RH850/D1M1A Evaluation Board||RH850/D1M1A (R7F701461)||Green Hills MULTI 7.1.6, Compiler 2018.1.5||Bare Metal|
Note: The Qt for MCUs support for Renesas RH850 D1M1A is experimental only.
Available under certain Qt licenses.
Find out more.