This chapter documents the script APIs which can be used by Squish test scripts. For complete examples that make use of all the main Squish API features, see Tutorials, How to Create Test Scripts, and How to Test Applications - Specifics.
Extension APIs are documented in:
Functions that take an
objectOrName argument can be passed a reference to an object or the symbolic or real (multi-property) name of an object. Functions that take an
object argument must be passed an object reference, and functions that take an
objectName must be passed an object's symbolic or real name. Object references are returned by the Object waitForObject(objectOrName), Object waitForObjectExists(name), Object findObject(objectName) and SequenceOfObjects findAllObjects(objectName) functions.
- Tester-Created Special Functions - Special functions that testers create to make tests usable by Squish.
- Equivalent Script API - Differences between the supported scripting languages.
- Squish API - Additional functions to the standard features of the supported scripting languages that you need to test GUI applications.
- Web Object API
- Perl Notes
- Python Notes
- Ruby Notes
- Tcl Notes
- Behavior Driven Testing - API specific to behavior-driven tests.
- CAN bus support - Functions for testing Controller Area Network (CAN) messages sent and received by a device running an application.
- FMI Interface support - Functions for importing and executing Functional Mockup Units (FMUs).